WHAT IS TIMELINE
Yellfy Timeline is a social media service much like other social networks but much better. Yellfy’s timeline is a service for sports fans to communicate with each other and stay connected through the exchange of their passion for sports. People’s posts may contain photos, videos, voice blogs(vlogs), locations or links and up to 400 characters of text. These messages are posted to your profile, sent to your followers and are searchable on Yellfy Search.
What is a Post?
- A post is any message posted to Yellfy’s timeline which may contain a voice recording, location, photos, videos or links and up to 400 characters of text. Click or tap the to post the update to your timeline.
Who reads my Posts?
- Your followers read your posts.
What does it mean to follow someone on Yellfy’s Timeline?
- Following someone means you’ve chosen to subscribe to their updates. When you follow someone, every time they post, comment on a post or share a post of someone they follow, it will show on your timeline.
How do I find people to follow?
- When you create an account, you can search for people by name or @username, import friends from other networks, or invite friends via email. You can also follow some of the fans Yellfy suggests.
How do I know who I’m following?
- After you click or tap the Follow button you’re following them. See a list of people you’re following by clicking on the following link on your profile page.
How do I know who is following me?
- Yellfy sends you an email and Push Notification when someone new follows you. Set up your email preferences to notify you when you have a new follower. The “Followers” link on your profile page or home page sidebar will also tell you who is following you.
Why am I seeing “ News “ on my Timeline?
- If you see news and you did not subscribe to any of the “Beat Writers” or “Sports Writers“, then someone you follow has “ReYelled “ an article and it is showing up on your Timeline. You can choose to “Filter“ the Timeline content by tapping the Filter Icon and choose between only seeing Posts from Fans you follow, news from writers you subscribed to or both categories of content.
How can I filter my Timeline content?
- If you want you can “ Filter “ the Timeline content by tapping the Filter icon and choose between only seeing Posts from Fans you follow, news from writers you subscribed to or both categories of content.
How can I search for anything on Yellfy?
- Yellfy has a powerful search engine where you can search for you friends by their full name, full phone number, full email address, Hashtags, Team names and much more by simply tapping on the search icon and entering a text value.
Can I use Hashtags (i.e. #LSU or @Username) on my Timeline posts?
- Yes. #Hashtags and @Username mentions works similar to other Social Media sites that you use and are actually interchangeable, meaning that when you share the Hashtags and the @username mentions with other Social Networks, the #hashtags work as intended and the users will be notified that you mentioned them in Yellfy.
What is the Bell Icon I see?
- The Bell icon is the place where all 0f your notifications reside, which are messages to you, to let you know who followed you, liked your post, commented on your post, re-yelled your post or mentioned you in a post. The number on the Bell indicates the number of “unread“ notification messages that you have since the last time you tapped on the icon.
What are replies / comments on posts?
- When you tap on this icon you can comment on the post and any @username that was prefilled or you place in the comment will be notified that you have mentioned them in the comment. In addition, all your followers will see your comment on the post and will be able to tell which post it was that you replied to.
Can I edit a post once I’ve posted it?
- No, you can’t edit a timeline post once you have posted it, but you can delete it.
How do I post a picture, video, voice blog, text or share my location to Yellfy’s Timeline?
- Uploading and sharing images, videos, text post, voice message or share location is easy! After tapping the post / Yell icon and the new window to write your post appears, tap the icon to see options for photos, videos or voice recordings. Tap the icon to share your location.
What are ReYells?
- You can “ Reyell “ a post by tapping on the icon, which immediately shares the post with all your followers.
What are Quoted ReYells?
- You can share/ReYell a post of someone you follow with your followers in 2 ways,
- Simply ReYell the post, which shares the post as is.
- Quote the Post, in other words, add your comments and share it with your followers.
What are Likes?
- To “Like” a post, tap on the icon. The person who wrote the post will be notified that you liked their post.
Can I share my posts on Twitter and Facebook simultaneously as I post on Yellfy?
- Yes, Yellfy actually encourages its users to share all of their content on other integrated social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter. Simply, tap the or icon, while creating a New Post. If this is your first time sharing content, the Social Media sites will ask you for permission to post the Yellfy content onto your Timeline.
Can I share all posts onto other Social Media sites?
- Yes, under each timeline post there is a icon. When tapped it brings up a menu where you can choose Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and/or Tumblr to share any content from Yellfy onto your personal page at one or more of these social media platforms. If this is your first time sharing content, these apps will ask your permission to share Yellfy content.